Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Way They Love

This past Monday, Chance's birthday, hit me like a ton of bricks. I was not expecting so much emotion to pour out of my heart and my eyes but man, it sure did. It started on Sunday at church and continued through most of the day Monday. I guess I figured that since I have come so far in my grief journey, this milestone day would not veer too far off of my "new normal." Wrong.

But y'all showed up big and strong and in ways for which I am eternally grateful. Thank you for taking time out of your busy moments and caring. Jesus in the flesh is what you are - your texts, emails, blog comments, acts of service, gifts . . . so very touching.

Thank you for loving us so hard and so well.
. . .

After I took Clara to school Monday, I came home to this outside my kitchen window. Balloons and a card on Chance's tree. . .




Baby blue flowers, a sweet card, and our fav - Chick-fil-a chocolate chip cookies. . .

Beautiful sunflowers. . .

Delicious brownies (with chocolate chips!!) . . . Love the balloons at the bottom of the note and the "Choose joy" at the top. . . 

My sweet friend, Jenna, texted me this picture and I about lost my mind. To see our friends kids visiting our son is one of the best gifts . . . touches me to my core. . . 

Little trucks and a thoughtful note. . .

Beautiful flowers on his grave. . .

We made a visit on Monday at approximately 5:00pm, right around the time Chance was born last year. All decked out in blue, of course. We attempted a family selfie, but this is about as good as it gets. I love these pictures so much, though. . .


We brought balloons to release. Blue for Chance and other little boys who have gone to heaven, and a pink for a sweet daughter/mommy who died of cancer last year. My parents gave us the other two balloons and I love the words . . . Our God is an awesome God and Thinking of you, today, tomorrow and forever. . .




I felt a sense of sweet relief after our visit. There is something about being there, as a family, that just brings deep peace to my soul. God is so generous in His gift of peace, no? Sometimes we just have to push through the yuck and the pain to discover it again.

Thank you, each and every one of you, for the way you love.

5 comments

  1. So many sweet gestures - you and your sweet family are well loved! The little cars for Chance are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- you are all so loved. It was hard to read because of your grief yet uplifting at the same time. I love how you always give God glory when you write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the little cars! Chance has definitely not been forgotten and I'm glad you had so many tangible reminders of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you continue to trust and glorify God through Chance's death. May He continue to give you hope, peace, and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loved these photos. It was truly a fantastic post to read. I will be hosting a similar family party very soon and have shortlisted couple of outdoor event venues for that. Looking for some DIY decoration ideas for the party.

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.